The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
To ensure NCI is POPI Act complaint, we have put the following in place to keep your information SAFE:
- We have appointed an Information Officer – Lelani Pretorius
- All our employees, contractors and management have read and understand the POPI Act.
- Our training, coaching & all client contracts & platforms are POPI Act compliant.
- If you experience any data breaches please report it to our Information Officer.
- We confirm that none of your personal information will be transferred from the NeuroCoach Institute to other countries.
- We will only share personal information; when our clients have lawfully given us permission to do so.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website’s email newsletter program. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list].
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with Spam Laws Subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites).
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Resources & Further Information
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 – The Guide
- Fillable PDF Forms Creation
v.1.0 April 2021 Edited & customised by: NeuroCoach Institute
Standard terms and conditions for competitions
These are the standard terms and conditions for promotional competitions conducted or promoted by or in association with ‘’NCI’’, all of its stakeholders, divisions and affiliates (“NCI”).
Each promotional competition conducted or promoted is subject to these Standard Terms and Conditions for Promotional Competitions (“Ts and Cs”) and the rules, promotional material or adverts (“rules”) pertaining to the specific promotional competition. All the provisions of these Ts and Cs shall form part of ’NCI’ competitions conducted in respect of those services offered on the NeuroCoach Institute’s website/s (the “Sites”), specifically those relating to the running of competitions, free prize draws, and promotions on the Sites.
For purposes hereof, “affiliate” means NeuroCoach Institute’s partners, promoters, co promoters and sponsors of this promotional competition, and the directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives of all those listed herein.
1.1 participation in the promotional competition; and/or
1.2 fulfilment of the conditions pertaining to a promotional competition, should there be any conditions, constitutes your binding acceptance of these Ts and Cs on behalf of yourself and any person with whom you may share a prize, reward, gift, free good or service, price reduction or concession, enhancement of quantity or quality of goods or services or other discounted or free thing being offered (“prize”), in the event that you obtain a prize which is for you and one or more additional persons (“your partner”).
The promotional competition is not open to –
2.1 directors, members, agents, employees of NeuroCoach Institute in connection with a competition; and
Entrance criteria or conditions are as set out in the rules of each promotional competition.
- The judges’ decision is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- NeuroCoach Institute is not responsible for any entries which are not received by NeuroCoach Institute and/or the promoters, whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof. Without limitation, NeuroCoach Institute is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether physical, or on the Internet, telephone lines or at any service provider, website or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
- It is your responsibility, as a participant, to ensure that any information which you provide in respect of a promotional competition is accurate, complete and up to date.
- Any costs or expenses which you may incur other than in respect of those items specifically included in a prize are for your own account. NeuroCoach Institute will not be responsible for any costs or expenses which you, or your partner (if applicable), incur during and for purposes of your participation in the promotional competition and your acceptance and/or use of a prize. NeuroCoach Institute will specify, in the rules, the total value of the prizes to be won, the nature of the prizes, and any cost to be borne by the participants of any specific promotional offer.
- NeuroCoach Institute does not make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, as to a prize, and in particular, but without limitation, makes no representations and gives no warranty that a prize, or any aspect thereof, will:
3.1 meet your, or, if applicable, your partner’s requirements, preferences, standards or expectations; or
3.2 be satisfactory and punctual.
- Winners will randomly be selected by an online / virtual name selector.
- Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for any other item or cash.
- You may not obtain a prize if it is unlawful for us to supply such a prize to you. If you do not qualify to receive such a prize, you will forfeit it.
- In the event that you win, you must possess whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to take part in the promotional competition or claim a prize.
- Should you be a participant in the promotional competition to whom a prize is due, you will be notified by means of the contact details provided to NeuroCoach Institute by you.
- NeuroCoach Institute may require you to provide it, as the case may be, with additional information as may be reasonably required to process and facilitate your acceptance and/or use of a prize. You have one month from notification by NeuroCoach Institute to redeem a prize unless otherwise stipulated in the rules for a specific promotional competition.
- Should you be a participant in the promotional competition to whom a prize is due and you fail to respond to the formal notification by NeuroCoach Institute within the time period specified as per above, or in the rules for the specific promotional competition, as the case may be, you shall forfeit such unclaimed prize and thereafter NeuroCoach Institute shall randomly select a replacement winner from the competition entries.
- NeuroCoach Institute shall notify the replacement winner of such effect as soon as reasonably practicable.
- To the full extent permissible by applicable law, NeuroCoach Institute and its third party suppliers, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the promotional competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which NeuroCoach Institute and such suppliers deem reasonable in the circumstances. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of the promotional competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against NeuroCoach Institute and third party suppliers.
- You agree that your participation in the promotional competition, and your acceptance and/or use of a prize, or any aspect thereof, is at your own risk.
- Should you be a participant to whom a prize is due, you consent to NeuroCoach Institute or its authorised agents to take, capture, record and/or use your name, voice, photographic images or video images for the purpose of marketing and publicity campaigns.
- To the full extent permissible by applicable law, NeuroCoach Institute will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by your participation in the promotional competition or the acceptance and/or use by you, or your partner (if applicable), of any prize, or by any action taken by us or any of our affiliates in accordance with the Ts and Cs.
- These Ts and Cs will be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the applicable laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- NeuroCoach Institute reserves the right to amend these Ts and Cs for Promotional Competitions at any time and will publish same on its Sites or make same available to participants on request. In the event that any of the terms of these T’s and C’s are found to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable, such terms will be severable from the remaining terms of these T’s and C’s, which will continue to be valid and enforceable.
- Due to the nature of the prize/service/coaching and/or related services, NCI cannot be responsible for the use and interpretation of such on behalf of the client. NCI will render a professional service within the company scope of delivery and expertise, and the outcomes and interpretation is for the responsibility of the recipient.